Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Never got to use my wrist rocket much as a kid, my cats had a taste for the tubes lol! As I recall I don't think I ever hit a darned thing with it. I'm glad you were able to get out and shoot, I live in NM too and the wind has just been a gusty mess down where I am in the Los Lunas area for the last couple weeks. Today was a dream though!
Yeah, gotta love NM spring winds! Was something to get used to when we moved here 20 years ago. I shoot a lot in the mornings now before the wind comes up. And on days when it doesn't, I get a happy double.

Bummer about the cats eating the tubes. We have two and maybe a happy accident that I keep all my latex in the garage where the cats don't venture very often.
LOL!!!! :D :D

Shooting a slingshot for high precision accuracy in the wind is the worst experience.

Nevertheless, it strengthen your nerves and gives you a good training for a real life shooting situation, as in hunting, for example.

As for the "commercial emancipation" of slingshots, I would leave it as it is. Slingshots are not for those who want, are for those who can. As in most things in life.

Of course for us, slingshot maniac folks, would be a treat to have a slingshot store around the corner

But imagine everyone shooting a slingshot. I think they would be banned in a blink of an eye.

Anyway, it must be a lot of fun shooting near the desert!! I would love to have that experience sometime!!

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
"

Never got to use my wrist rocket much as a kid, my cats had a taste for the tubes lol! As I recall I don't think I ever hit a darned thing with it. I'm glad you were able to get out and shoot, I live in NM too and the wind has just been a gusty mess down where I am in the Los Lunas area for the last couple weeks. Today was a dream though!
Yeah, gotta love NM spring winds! Was something to get used to when we moved here 20 years ago. I shoot a lot in the mornings now before the wind comes up. And on days when it doesn't, I get a happy double.

Bummer about the cats eating the tubes. We have two and maybe a happy accident that I keep all my latex in the garage where the cats don't venture very often.
LOL!!!! :D :D

Shooting a slingshot for high precision accuracy in the wind is the worst experience.

Nevertheless, it strengthen your nerves and gives you a good training for a real life shooting situation, as in hunting, for example.

As for the "commercial emancipation" of slingshots, I would leave it as it is. Slingshots are not for those who want, are for those who can. As in most things in life.

Of course for us, slingshot maniac folks, would be a treat to have a slingshot store around the corner

But imagine everyone shooting a slingshot. I think they would be banned in a blink of an eye.

Anyway, it must be a lot of fun shooting near the desert!! I would love to have that experience sometime!!

Best regards ...Q
"Slingshots are not for those who want, are for those who can."

Think you hit it dead on, couldn't agree more.

Maybe someday we can work out a swap- I think you would love shooting in the desert and I would love to give a few flings in Portugal.
That is a deal, sir!!! I would be most honoured.

Nevertheless, the way things are now, don't know if it's harder for me to go to the US or for you to visit Europe...

I wonder when we all have peace and liberty.

Thank goodness for this forum though!!!

Cheers ...Q

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.