Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After three hours of work my own W is finished. I have to add ball-bearings and my next one will be shorter, too.

Maybe i will polish it or give it a nice paint-job also. Here a some pictures of it:

Attachments

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Wow! That is great ! You did an awesome job!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guy's but the centering still don't work perfectly. However a nice and smooth shooter!

·
Super Moderator
6,635 Posts
Good job Frodo! You could be Joerg's apprentice! Flatband

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hey, I am much honored!

Good job.

Recommendations:

1) Use flatbands.
2) A lower fork.
3) Ball bearings.
4) Polish.

Greetings

Jörg

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, i do use flatbands but yesterday afternoon i just wanted to shoot and i took this setup.

This is only my prototype and in 2 weeks i will make one (or two) and then i will polish them, too.

The thing with the ball-bearings: i really don't know how to attach them. It would be nice if you would explain it to me..

Frodo

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You simply buy ball bearings on ebay. I use 28 mm outside diameter, 12 mm inside diameter and 8 mm width.

Then you use a 12 mm steel rod for the axis. Then you cut off the grip from aluminum tube (28 mm inside diameter). I use a 12 cm piece.

Then, you press in the ball bearings in the vise. Use small pieces of wood to avoid damages to the bearings. YOu have to be careful here.

Then you can simply slide (with some force) the grip over the steel rod. I use a tiny bit of epoxy glue to avoid shifting.

Works like a charm!

Jörg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts