Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to prepare frogs legs? There are some around my house and I am thinking of eating one. I heard they are good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Frog legs are yummy and easy to cook they are, after all, just meat. One good way is to dip in beaten egg and milk batter, roll in flour and corn meal mixture and fry gently. They are delicate and easy to over cook. They have always been much better fresh than frozen. If your in the woods just rub with oil, salt and pepper them and cook over the fire on a stick. Bull frogs are best but leopard frogs are good if they are big.
frosty2

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
First be sure that they are eatable, some are not. I have pan fried USA Bullfrog legs and they are delicious, but put a cover on that pan. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
The way we are taught to do it in survival school is to hunt with a flashlight and catch them by hand. Snap both legs at the knee and drop them in a shopping bag. Boil whole with some jungle veg such as cilantro and ferns and a little salt all in a bamboo stem.

I've never hunted frog except in a jungle and on a survival refresher course. In some places people may not be chuffed with your doing their knees.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.