Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Jeff from NY. I was into slingshot shooting when i was a kid but that kinda died out. I recently started back up a few months ago and really enjoying it. I love it and easy on my poor knees! I know nothing of professional rules and such for this sport but my biggest question would have to be is whats the minium distance from a target? Thanks all.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
welcome jeff, i am also from New York. you can shoot at targets from any distance you want. i would sugest starting out shooting from 20 feet and working your way back as you get better and better. have fun and i hope you find the information on this form helpful

· Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Hi Jeff,
You'll find yourself exploring many different distances. Just have fun, and stay tuned in.
- Jim

· "Southern Flip Style"
2,443 Posts
Welcome Jeff!!! It's true what everyone has said..... no hard and fast rules, unless a tournament was going on and those vary. I love to shoot from 7 yards to 14 yards. Shooting at different distances is fun and helps you learn. Above all else have fun!!!

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Thanks well from the distance i'm able to hit a playing card like 4 out 10 times is that any good? i really dont know.
that is pretty good. i sugest moving to about 30 feet and trying to hit a paper plate. today when i shot from around 35-40feet i could only hit a paper plate 3/10 shots. (i am not a good shooter at all) i sugest you keep at it and you will keep growing

· Super Moderator
7,198 Posts
Hi Jeff and welcome! I'm your neighbor over here in Jersey! Have Fun! Flatband

· Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,249 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.