Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the fork I got from winning henrys competition awhile back. I'm not sure what wood it is but is pretty awesome! before drying it is extremely soft but one dryer man this stuff is tough. I got restricted on this because of a crack that peeled alot of the wood up on one fork, that's why it's thin.
the fork finished up nicely too !
came with I nice bandset really fun too shoot!
I would like to thank Henry again for sending me this!
Textile Musical instrument Sleeve Wood Collar Wood Natural material Twig Tableware Cutlery Musical instrument Wood Natural material Wind instrument Metal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Very nice, good job on it. Rufus style!

Sean

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
turned out nice, good looking wood, be careful with those thin forks...................... did you stress test them?

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Master mckee,

This is a classic already. I like the way you work this catty and the shape you came out with. It is like you where driving a classic car, with all the new options in a last generation of the automovil industry. Great pictures. Saludos

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
turned out nice, good looking wood, be careful with those thin forks...................... did you stress test them?
First, nice job McKee. I discovered after I sent you the fork that the bark is very thick, resulting in thin forks after debarking.

I don't think the thin forks will be a problem at all. That is Guayacan, a member of the Lignum family, and I have pull tested a thinner fork at 50 pounds per fork. It is very, very strong.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Nice one. The band attachment is interesting. The 107's match up nice with the fork. How does it shoot with the attachment method you used?
Bet it is accurate.

IHS
g

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.