Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I can tell since re-discovering my slingshot and this forum I have made this sling journey in reverse!
My first phase was believing I NEEDED only to find a Custom Metal Cored Frame so I could shoot like a professional.
The second phase was thinking I was too good for a commercial slingshot so I snuck a couple of Pocket Predators into my quiver to enhance my shooting skills.
Phase three was my desire to make a sling as 'good as the pros'. This was a long phase. I still have ten fingers, a couple of nice frames, and a long list of stuff NOT to do.
My phase four was to try my hand at remodeling a sling instead of trying to design my own. It has been an enjoyable experience that I will keep dabbling with occasionally.
Phase five has been the birth of the Natural. Plain and simple. Why didn't I start here? Right, is was 'just' a Natty!
Today was phase six. I have denied myself the ease and simplicity of purchasing a 'do it all' frame because I thought I'd be taking the easy way out or that I'd become a sling sheep, or maybe worse!!
I like this frame! It does what I want it to do. The attachment clips are easy on older fingers. The frame fits my hand better than the XT I tried for a short time. When I drop it I won't weep if I scratch it.
I'm going to make this frame my backup shooter to whatever my chosen frame will be for the day/week/month. It is good to have a reliable backup shooter.
Thanks again to the Forum for the inspiration, guidance, and training. Also to my wife who just got a promotion and a raise and let me buy this Scout LT!!
Cheers, Mo
fbf8e3da17089ba119ef1ba0ad447d11.jpg
37c3a144f1fc6f3ca59ae5a97f4dcd3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
I'm keen to get one - but after postage it ends up on the pricy side. In fact even clips for the torque end up costly...

Think it and the clips are pretty sweet. Scout has some serious street cred as well. New ones think are even cooler.

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm on the I'll purchase a sling an go right back to my fallen piece of branch. The one thing I like about my branches are, they aren't sanded polish smooth.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Watching somebody shoot a Bark-On Natty is about as gnarly as one can get with a slingshot in my opinion.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Quite the journey Mo. That's a sweet looking little frame. I've got the scout and never have made it work. Maybe one day my journey will lead back around to it. How long since you 'rediscovered' slingshots?

Reactions: MOJAVE MO

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
Quite the journey Mo. That's a sweet looking little frame. I've got the scout and never have made it work. Maybe one day my journey will lead back around to it. How long since you 'rediscovered' slingshots?
I started slinging in 1970. I shot all the time until 1982. Then I kept my shooting a 'secret' until 2018 when I found this forum. The real mayhem started when I met you guys.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm on the I'll purchase a sling an go right back to my fallen piece of branch. The one thing I like about my branches are, they aren't sanded polish smooth.

Watching somebody shoot a Bark-On Natty is about as gnarly as one can get with a slingshot in my opinion.

Very true, a bark Natty sporting tubes. I can't help but like that look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts