Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pastor, that's also a cabinet maker ran into this crazy curly white oak board and asked me to make him a frame. Since he's a beginner I chose the full sized Axiom. Added a walnut laminate core and olive swells.
Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
That's just not normal Joe. That last picture on the bottom right of the finished product is just total perfection!!! Grain, shape, finish ,all unreal. Great job Bud!!!!!!!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,258 Posts
That's a stunner Joe, that grain is unreal.

I picked up a 1 x12 Curly / quilted Maple board years ago at a lumber specialty store, that was leaning in the corner, and they were going to toss....asked them if I could have it if I bought some of their curly cherry and they said sure.

I still have it, and NO, it's not for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
That's a stunner Joe, that grain is unreal.

I picked up a 1 x12 Curly / quilted Maple board years ago at a lumber specialty store, that was leaning in the corner, and they were going to toss....asked them if I could have it if I bought some of their curly cherry and they said sure.

I still have it, and NO, it's not for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What . You holding it for an upcoming Great Curly Maple shortage?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Wow Joe...Now that is just plain beautiful! Curly maple, is that like a burl ? I had a mesquite burl but gave it a better home. Maybe I should have saved a chunk of it.

Of course I'd never be able to pull off a finish like you do. You're the best when it comes to that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.