Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a package from GZK the other day and last night, I finally got the chance to shoot a little. My first adult sling is a GZK Hammer TTF and I fumbled around in the dark enough and figured out my little range and enough light to shoot a little. Sorry, I didn't take any pics to post, but I will when I get it a little "mo' better".

I didn't set the world on fire, but I managed to hit my target box most of the time. Even a few in the exact place I was aiming! I felt encouraged by that. I was shooting 3/8" steel and my makeshift trap, consisting of a heavy duty shipping box with a doubled over shipping blanket hung up inside, managed to contain all my shots. At least, the ones that hit the box. I had a few take off on me and not sure what I did, but usually it was when I thought, " I got this".

My shooting lane is going to work out just fine, but I do need to take some precautions with a couple windows, until I get better. I just need to protect them from glancing, wayward hits.

Next up, I am expecting a package from Simple Shot, a Scout Lt. Then, there will be more shooting fun!

Thanks for all the great info and encouragement!

Mark

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark

Don't know if this will help. If you hold the sling in your left hand, try to situate yourself so that your windows are on your left.
Most of your fork hits and wingers will go to your right.
Thanks for that. Yes, the windows are on my left, but there is a wooden fence to my immediate right. I am literally shooting down an alley, of sorts. It's neat because it's private and protected, but wingers tend to bounce all over the place. When the rain lets up, I will take a pic of my shooting area. I like it, I just need to make it a little better and take some steps to protect those windows. I already have an idea, I don't think it will take much.

Update.... My package from Simple Shot arrived today! Woo-Hoo!

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Welcome.

You getting ready to have so much fun!

Reactions: MarkB

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
"I didn't set the world on fire, but I managed to hit my target box most of the time. Even a few in the exact place I was aiming! I felt encouraged by that"

Thus is taken the first step of a life's journey if you will keep that road. We all set foot on the path that way. Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark

Don't know if this will help. If you hold the sling in your left hand, try to situate yourself so that your windows are on your left.
Most of your fork hits and wingers will go to your right.
Thanks for that. Yes, the windows are on my left, but there is a wooden fence to my immediate right. I am literally shooting down an alley, of sorts. It's neat because it's private and protected, but wingers tend to bounce all over the place. When the rain lets up, I will take a pic of my shooting area. I like it, I just need to make it a little better and take some steps to protect those windows. I already have an idea, I don't think it will take much.

Update.... My package from Simple Shot arrived today! Woo-Hoo!

Mark
As promised, I posted up some pics of my shooting alley. It's smallish, but useable, once I secure those windows.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:3498]

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts