Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in tying my hand building with g10. Do you have a favorite supplier? I see many different retailers, most seem geared to knife making,others seem very industrial. Before I dive in and make a purchase. I just wanted to ask, were do you buy g10 from? I am wanting to make the whole slingshot from the g10, core and all. Thank you in advance for the help.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I say well done you mate and go for it!!! I built my first couple of g10 frames not so long ago and I found my stuff on Ebay, there arnt too many suppliers on there so shouldn't take you too long to find what you're looking for, if you cant find much under "g10" try searching for "fibre resin sheet". I found a great supplier that done all different sizes from a5 sheet to a3 size and all different thicknesses at very reasonable prices too.

I also searched and bought 1mm acrylic sheets to act as a sort of core to beef my x2 5mm g10 sides/scales. There are a great number of colours and possibilities when buying sheets and remember you can also buy smaller pieces of layered g10 for real cool designs when you sand into them, you'll find these under knife scales.

Below is a knife handle I made and a frame all for under 15 quid

;)
83897e00607657fc1ef408dc0f70661c.jpg
9e928e901db69afd99d21b8a58666822.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,583 Posts
You bet Joe, that is clean!
Wreckit after seeing your last laminated build, this is gonna be somethin!
Can't wait

1 - 12 of 12 Posts