Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Yeah I'm a predator ... so let's go huntin
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a queston for the experts and artists here, is 1/8inch Sintra PVC sheet suitable for slingshots as a stand alone or perhaps a core?
Kip

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
kip, since no one seems to know i researched a bit for you, first let me say i have tons of experience with pvc, so i looked up the sintra brand looking for similarities and differences. from the information i gained let me say this material would make a slingshot very easily............ but!
when heated say by the sun it becomes softer, bendable.
in the cold it becomes very brittle, you could snap a fork by dropping it.

sorry dooood

·
Yeah I'm a predator ... so let's go huntin
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kip, since no one seems to know i researched a bit for you, first let me say i have tons of experience with pvc, so i looked up the sintra brand looking for similarities and differences. from the information i gained let me say this material would make a slingshot very easily............ but!
when heated say by the sun it becomes softer, bendable.
in the cold it becomes very brittle, you could snap a fork by dropping it.

sorry dooood
Thanks, I appreciate you shareing your experience and knowledge with me... It sounded a bit too good to be true,as is usually the case, it was...
Thanks again, Kip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.