Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went wading w/ my SIL yesterday. First cast literally, I got a 20" spec on a shrimp under a popper, I was thinking we were gonna kill them , but , I guess the first cast curse fell on us. But we caught tons of whiting , threw back so many that were too small , the only small ones we kept were ones who took it too deep, yes , I left my new circle hooks at home , But we got some good whiting too, even managed a double on a double drop,,
Table Wood Sleeve T-shirt Art
Food White Vertebrate Seafood Grey
great day all in all, tired as stuff though.... If you hit the salt , try Fish Bites,,, no trouble , and bait stealers dont stand a chance, there were tons of needle fish taking our shrimp , fun fun

·
Registered
534 Posts
Nice bag there Steve! (y) Never tried circle hooks.. A' dont get the geometry o' these hooks as the appear tae go against the theory regarding angle o' penetration. Still they apparently catch fish :)

Whit type o' fish did ye catch 1st ?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice bag there Steve! (y) Never tried circle hooks.. A' dont get the geometry o' these hooks as the appear tae go against the theory regarding angle o' penetration. Still they apparently catch fish :)

caught that speckled trout first, the guys who usually catch a bunch of them are out at daybreak this time of year, Im too hard getting myself together anymore. But the whiting were a lot of fun. And pretty good eaters

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

the circle hoo0ks seem to work , as long as you dont set the hook as normal, just kinda lift and reel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.