Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
Somebody dropped me a message abt a type of PFS I think lol. Has anyone a gapper frame that they use? They have a 1inch space between forks.....I've never heard of them or seen one. Thanks
It's an American thing buddy its basically anything bigger than the 12mm pfs maximum width up to like your 35mm fork gap 馃幆馃憤馃憡馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩

Registered
Here is some more info on the term, it's potential origin and more details and pics of "gappers" in it's thread.

View attachment 246344
"Gapper" is the name I put on the design above. I called it that because I designed it by first setting down the dimensions I wanted (1" fork gap, .75" fork tips, 3.5" tall) and designed a frame around that.
I like this size because it's not much bigger than a pfs but fits the hand better. The extra gap over a pfs doesn't really come into play, you should be comfortable shooting pfs without fork hits before you pick up a Gapper-style frame.
The Seljan PFS that is for sale right now strikes me as more of a gapper, too:

View attachment 246346
And, as much as the faithful will deny it, the Original-original PFS had a 1" gap, too:
View attachment 246348
Here is the first post from dgui mentioning his design:
Band New

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pretty much,but they do have a "look" about them that makes them more interesting,also if you mess up the gap on the PFS you can modify it and Bang-gapper,lol,gapper or pfs both shoot the same it really just boils down to looks.imo.
Ive shoot cattys for years but I wanted to have a change. So a mate saz try PFS again, I tried a few years ago (oh it was just plain nasty). Anyway I thought let's give a crack again! Took me a month and everyday just 20 shots but I can get ammo to hit a can at 35ft abt 12 /14 out of 20shots. Never seen or heard of a gapper, I think I will make one out of plastic as I usually do before making a nice wood shooter. Something to test it on that can take a bashing lol

Registered
when i first started with pfs/gapper frames i would pick them up and put them right back down again,but i couldnt just leave them alone,the challenge to oercome fork and hand hits,while detroying targets and cans was too great and eventually i figured out how ,and i never looked back :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i first started with pfs/gapper frames i would pick them up and put them right back down again,but i couldnt just leave them alone,the challenge to oercome fork and hand hits,while detroying targets and cans was too great and eventually i figured out how ,and i never looked back :)
I've started to get nearer a can at 35ft, using pfshooter style I can hit it 4 out of 10, gangster 6 out of 10 but with some shots missing by country mile. So I've been playing with a pfs for around 5 weeks, learned too types pfs shooting.....but still nervous lol. The gapper might be a good shooter to try(again in plastic ....I like my thumb). Here's the kicker tho, I've noticed that my normal catty accuracy has got more better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts