Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
More insanity in an increasingly insane world.
There was a kid here a year or so ago suspended for drawing a picture of a gun while in school.
Jeez! When I was in junior high (1983-84) we used to wear camouflage pants, carry pocketknives, and read gun magazines WHILE AT SCHOOL! I believe any of these "offenses" would get you expelled nowadays. I can understand the desire for increased scrutiny and awareness of potentially troubled kids in this post-Columbine world, but it has just gotten totally out of hand and ridiculous. It's as though nobody is capable of common sense anymore. Don't even get me started on the "zero tolerance" policies that have become so popular in recent years...[RANT OFF]

·
Registered
855 Posts
boy would i wana be a 80s kid but realy u got off with pcket knifes?
We weren't "technically" allowed to have them on school grounds, but as long as you didn't whip them out and do something stupid with them, it wasn't a big deal. I got caught showing off a new pocket knife to a friend at school once and the teacher just put it in her desk till the end of the day, and I had to go a pick it up before I went home. Another time, I was sharpening a pencil with one and my shop teacher saw it. He checked it out, told me it was a cool knife, then cautioned me not to let any other teachers see me with it.
That was the extent of it. I'm sure I'd be kicked out of many schools today for the same "offenses."

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
It was a huge fashion statement in my school for the boys to have buck knives in a belt holster, nobody cared at all, you could also smoke or chew tobacco at school. I sold my history teacher a 22 rifle in the school parking lot, yeah I'd say times have changed. Chris

·
Banned
741 Posts
It was a huge fashion statement in my school for the boys to have buck knives in a belt holster, nobody cared at all, you could also smoke or chew tobacco at school. I sold my history teacher a 22 rifle in the school parking lot, yeah I'd say times have changed. Chris
yeah, 90% of the world is either idiots or criminals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts