Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my main survival knife.

I haven't got a chance to really put it through the paces but it fares pretty well in the destruction tests on youtube.

Cheers
Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yep, Noss at knifetests.com really beat the tar out of one of those, and it held up very well. I was quite impressed with its performance in his tests. His was an older model made of 12c27, while the newer run is being made of 440A, so there may be some minor differences in sharpenability and edge holding, but toughness should still be excellent.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is the 12C27 steel.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Mine is the 12C27 steel.
Excellent (said in Mr. Burns voice
). I've never had a bad experience with Sandvik stainless steels (and I have knives in various grades of Sandvik from Mora, Opinel, Bark River, and Kershaw). Good stuff.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sandvik is perfect for a good bushcraft blade in my opinion. There just really isn't anything that can compete.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a chance to use it a bit this weekend. It was destroying the wood and was quite handy. Everything was easy to chop up except the Oak of course.
It's easy to get a rhythm going and has enough heft to get through the wood at a good pace.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
i think the hard core of sandwick steel is a must in field camp use. Infact quite alla scandy's knifes, that are made for real use and not for fancy, come in laminated. I own some too. I would not buy a 440A steel knife except if I was planning to use it for batoining as an axe (but in case Iwhay notl use an axe?). This because this steel is soft soft soft and does not hold edge well. So take care of Your's.

ps 440C 59-61 hrc is Ok

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I shall.. Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts