Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Thank you gents
. Have a second set of bands coming with Ps1 and i printed out Jorges multiplex wood slingshot outline. Im going to make my first ever slingshot with them... I'm fully aware it may not look exactly like the one Joerg made:lol: Backstop ? I have to travel to shoot. Would a piece of heavy cloth / canvas stretched between 2 tent / hide poles work ?
Yes... the canvas should work just fine Rob.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Canvas would work, a blanket would work, even a sheet or towel hung over a clothes line will work.

·
Registered
855 Posts
9.5mm (3/8") steel is pretty much my exclusive ammo. It's widely available and not too big, not too small. Perfect for target/recreational shooting. I bought a large bag of it from Trumark back when I first got back into slingshooting and still have all but a few balls that've gotten away over time (thanks to a good backstop). And, like harper noted, any sort of canvas, bedsheet, blanket, etc. hung between poles, trees, etc. will work just fine for stopping your ammo and (hopefully) allowing you to retrieve a good deal of it for re-use.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
If you're just plinking marbles work great and are very inexpensive....
As far as goggles for your son they would work, you can get persciption safety glasses but they cost a arm and a leg. How bad is his eye sight he maybe able to shoot with out his glasses and just use a pair of standard safety glasses..

·
Super Moderator
5,136 Posts
If you are just going to plink in the backyard, marbles are fine. Check aquarium supply sections. Aquarium marbles may be cheaper than toy marbles. I buy bags of 50+ for $0.39.

If you are serious about hunting and want really good ammo, invest in a round ball bullet mold and lead melter. I have a brass .44 single cavity bullet mold and a .45/.50 multi cavity round pellet mold. The bullet mold casts much higher quality balls than the pellet mold. I would recommend Lee round ball molds (http://www.leeprecis.../blackpow.html) and a Lee melter (http://www.leeprecis...g/melters.html) My Do-It pellet mold does not have a sprue cutter and cutting the sprues individually with side-cutters is time consuming and results in weight variation between balls. I also have a Lee double cavity .357 bullet mold and I can actually cast faster with it than with the 8 cavity Do-It mold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts