Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about you, but cutting a constrictor knot while saving the bands was always an issue for me.

Here's what I do, may be its helpful for somebody. You need a leather needle (or may be a skewer), just that.

Crap smartphone pics following. If you have a better solution please post it. Cheers everybody!

Hand Water Azure Gesture Finger

Hand Finger Gesture Thumb Creative arts

Hand Green Wood Finger Nail

Attachments

·
See The Target
21,910 Posts
Yes there is a better way . You can buy this in the sewing/craft section of the store . You slide it under the constrictor knot and then it cuts it free . Works very well and it is a cheap tool .

2pcs-lot-Practical-Tool-Factory-Producti

·
Neophyte
2,095 Posts
Great ideas guys :) Thus far I've been using the " sharp knife and a light touch " method that works most of the time. But I am mostly saving the pouch and not the band.

Reactions: Tag, Ibojoe and ash

·
679 Post Club
3,015 Posts
If I need to save the rubber (very rare), I use a curved scalpel blade and try to cut through as much as possible without nicking the rubber - then pull the rubber apart to break the remaining strands. More often the tied end of the rubber doesn't need saving, so I just cut into it.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Yes there is a better way . You can buy this in the sewing/craft section of the store . You slide it under the constrictor knot and then it cuts it free . Works very well and it is a cheap tool .

2pcs-lot-Practical-Tool-Factory-Producti
Ordo, I love tying all knots... and I have a system. I have been just cutting the whole thing loosenwith my Swiss Army knife scissors. But now I want to try this. I will have to go through all my frames ans see who will be my 1st patient.
Dang! MacGuyver Award.

Treefork! Ye ole seam ripper. Also Macguyver Award.

This forum is my bit of Nirvana each day.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.