Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i saw an add in the pennysaver had a welder for 70$
but if it's just for slingshots and the extra cost of safety gear and also having to learn (too much hassel)
its not worth it right now.

would an autobody shop be nice enough to weld some carabiners together for me?
(to make a slingshot like Jorge did)
im sure my friends in Los Angeles Would Be nice enough to do it for me in exchange for a thank you or a Frosty Beer
but they are independant guys.
im not sure if these guys working for bigger companies (which is all they have here) are allowed to do it or not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
well i saw an add in the pennysaver had a welder for 70$
but if it's just for slingshots and the extra cost of safety gear and also having to learn (too much hassel)
its not worth it right now.

would an autobody shop be nice enough to weld some carabiners together for me?
(to make a slingshot like Jorge did)
im sure my friends in Los Angeles Would Be nice enough to do it for me in exchange for a thank you or a Frosty Beer
but they are independant guys.
im not sure if these guys working for bigger companies (which is all they have here) are allowed to do it or not.
Are you sure your 'binners are decent steel. If they are a small fab shop should do it fairly cheap. Before I bought my little wire feed I used to get light welding done at the muffler shop in my Neighborhood. They are set up to weld thin wall tube
frosty2

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Well, car body shops can do it for you. Just show up at the lunch break, then kindly ask and mention the beers! The smaller the company, the higher your chances. Family run businesses work best.

Don't buy cheap welding gear, you'd regret that soon.

Jörg

PS: Ask them to smoothen the welding seam with a grinder afterwards, saves a lot of time vs. a file.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
What about a machine shop? They may have a 3/8 ss drop off laying around and cut out a slingshot from it in one piece no welds. If you have a jig saw and put a bimetal scroll blade you can cut it out yourself.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, car body shops can do it for you. Just show up at the lunch break, then kindly ask and mention the beers! The smaller the company, the higher your chances. Family run businesses work best.

Jörg

PS: Ask them to smoothen the welding seam with a grinder afterwards, saves a lot of time vs. a file.
great advice
yeagh your right tho i would have regreted it later

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts

Jörg

Sounds like your best bet buddy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.