Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today I started a new interest. Slingshots. Built a catch bow from a plastic barrel, hung up a 14"x16" piece of white cardboard with a vertical and horizontal cross on it..... Damn, I was lucky to it the cardboard, I even missed the barrel a few times. Wow, this isn't going to be easy. I have a scout, and I tried many shots "over the top", every thing low and right when I could get it on the target at all. Changed anchor points, managed to shoot the neighbors house. Changed to TTF, better. Shot until I got shaky and my eyes got fuzzy and now I can say that I can mostly keep the shots within 8 or 10 inches. More practice tomorrow. I really admire you guys and gals that are good with one of these things.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Keep practicing and keep it fun!

When I started shooting, I was hitting a galvanized trash can lid. Yeah it was a huge target but I could hit it and it make a cool sound.

It won't take long finding the right band/ammo combination and you'll be shooting just fine!!

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like when I started, we still have a wall at work that looks like I let loose with a shotgun from long range lol

It does take practice and it does come, as has already been said most of all have fun and enjoy yourself. Plenty of excellent advice already posted on here, plus this forum is helpful and friendly .

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Day two of the slingshot saga.. Starting to get a little better, I can now keep the shots on a 9x11 piece of printer paper. Grouping is going better, suspect that I am snapping my wrist to the side. Back to U-Tube for more enlightenment. Also need to do a little work on my catch barrel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.