·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
File Name: Gherkin Gapper

File Submitter: urbanshooter</p >

File Submitted: 11 Dec 2018

File Category: Slingshots

A "Gapper" is a Semi-PFS characterized by a 1" fork gap with everything else pretty much as a pickle fork shooter. To my understanding, recognition for the original 1" gap concept is due to "MJ" who built the Original Gapper.

This template is a version of a basic Gapper that is rather generic, nothing fancy. Any resemblance to any existing designs is coincidental. I just made it curve and hold comfortably in my hand with forks extending naturally for the thumb and index finger to hold high and shoot OTT.

I call it a gherkin because that is what its handle started to look like when I made it (...and umm a gherkin is a pickle?)

This has become one of my personal favourites. My build is a chunky ergo because I wanted a comfortable hold but it can still be reasonably comfy as a slimline per individual requirements.

I hope you'll enjoy the frame if you build one. You don't need much material for it and I think this could also be a beautiful carved natty. There really should be more gappers going around!

No usage restrictions.

Click here to download this file

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
I have been leaning more towards the 1-11/4 inch gap on my pfsframes glad to know they actually have a name,lol. Awesome looking frame!
Me, too... I think it is safe to call any narrow ott fork gap frame a Gapper. I suggest this for below 1 1/2".
I am landing between 1" & 1 3/16" mostly... or a straight up pfs.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love Gappers... so for posterity... MJ is the OG of the OGPFS? Oh my! That is major credits, slingers.

PS- very cool name!
I believe that is correct! At least that's what I have managed to find-out while researching the Gapper. MJ made the first one with multiplex and dressed it with walnut scales. He later had that cool one made by Eric Au in jade green G10 that I drool over every time MJ posts pics of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.