Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me introdouche my last work. I found one dead moth. And after pouring in epoxy his wings turn semi-transparent. In sunny day or bright light is visible how light plays inside the epoxy, casting bright spots on wooden surface.
Main core is stained baltic birch burl slab. I laminated on this walnut burl, african blackwood, wenge, canarywood and thuja burl pieces.
Sanded town to 2500 grit, polished with compound and finished with carnaub and bees wax mix.
Hopefully you like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm IMPRESSED!! Sculpture with a specific purpose and then some! IMHO somehow it looks like it could be something other than just a slingshot....Maybe like something you'd find in the tomb of some ancient king!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys, very much :)

Reactions: Island made

·
Super Moderator
6,539 Posts
You know I'm your biggest fan Shark. Just another stunning example of fine creativity! Awesome!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Like some pre-historic piece of ambar!!!!

Simply AMAZING!!!! That's art in a form of a slingshot.

Your designs and finish are always superb. Thank you for showing us!!

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Simply stunning! I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to shot that. I'd be thinking about a fork hit on every shot and that would pretty much guarantee that it would happen!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shame me... I now see, that i writen one word very badly introdouche -> introduce. Im sorry

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that may be one of my favorites of yours - the colors came together beautifully.

You seem to have the insect entombment down pretty pat, too. ;)
Yeah, those dead fellas find way in my hand, sometimes my sis collect them for me :)

Love that!
thank you

Like some pre-historic piece of ambar!!!!

Simply AMAZING!!!! That's art in a form of a slingshot.

Your designs and finish are always superb. Thank you for showing us!!

Best regards ...Q
Thank you for this kind comment my friend!

Simply stunning! I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to shot that. I'd be thinking about a fork hit on every shot and that would pretty much guarantee that it would happen!
Oh, then just dont think and just focus on shooting - simple :)

Reactions: Quercusuber
1 - 14 of 14 Posts