Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second frame from the Ghost Moth series is done. This time, I used pieces of oak, black paper micarta, olive wood, snakewood, royal black and white ebony, purpleheart, and Bocote for lamination. There is a dead moth in the epoxy (a friend gave it to me, it was already dead). Sanded town to 2,500 grit, puffed, and finished with car varnish. It's super glossy!
I hope you'll like it, cheers!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
That is just totally sick Mr. Sharker! You are without a doubt one of the top woodworkers ( or custom slingshot makers ) on this forum. Unreal talent!!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is just totally sick Mr. Sharker! You are without a doubt one of the top woodworkers ( or custom slingshot makers ) on this forum. Unreal talent!!!!
Thank you very much Flatband :), thank you :bowdown:

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like the re purposed dead, Giving new life to the deceased. Do you ever feel like a God? You certainly create like one. Never settle for common for sure.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I like the re purposed dead, Giving new life to the deceased. Do you ever feel like a God? You certainly create like one. Never settle for common for sure.
Im just simple craftsman :blush:

·
Mojave Mo
4,843 Posts
What Sharker will NOT tell you is that be makes his frames in the corner of his living room with hand tools only?! That and he owns a custom made-to-order marble business. (I made that last part up).

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts