Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ghost Pigeon.jpg Ghost Pigeon II.jpg

These are the pictures from his e store. I haven't gotten it yet. I can't wait to see how it shoots. I've been shooting my aluminum TTF PP for about a month now, so I'm zoomed into it. I have a green HDPE Pigeon Popper also. I love the design.

I've been wanting an acrylic slingshot for some time. I have a longstanding love for the Pigeon Popper, so I had Jeff at Tripwire make this for me. Apparently, he'll make any of his designs in acrylic if the customer prefers.

Some of you have experience with acrylic What do you think? I'm not a big fork hitter, but I'm guessing that these don't take them well??? Oh well, I'm pleased as punch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Yeah, you don't want to get to many fork hits or to much shock on acrylic... most of it will shatter pretty bad.

You might want to get it made from polycarbonate instead... like Makrolon (spelling?)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's kind of a test of personality to buy something that you know you'll only get to use for a short time. It will inevitably break, today, tomorrow, or two years from now. Sooner or later, I'll drop it on concrete, or fork hit it badly.

So different from anything in my character. I usually buy things with eternity in mind. Nothing satisfies like titanium, or quality stainless steel. I want my slingshots to be with me till I'm gone and then outlast the rest of civilization. I'd really like to take them with me, or at least one of them. Don't ask me which...

This will be a cool lesson. It only cost $30. I'll enjoy it till it's gone. Never mind that I get attached... What it it does go for two years without a fork-hit? Then it breaks your heart... Titanium won't do that, but then titanium isn't transparent. Ah the terrible burden that is fanaticism.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry i seen the words he will make any of his designs in acrylic.

The pigeon popper design is mine which i only give permission to proshot catapults to mass product and also paul cheetham to make custom versions.

I do not mind people making them at all but id appreciate people to not take the justice on the design. As i am the original designer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts