Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Slingshots Canada
708 Posts
So I wanted to start shooting 3/8th steel as opposed to peewee marbles that I have used since I first got into shooting as my backstop is in a grassy area and my marbles often get stuck in the grass and are a PITA to collect when I want to shoot lots. With this setup all I have to do is shoot, Walk up and empty the bucket into my pouch and away I go, The catchbox over all is 2 feet cubed I plan on adding legs to it and hanging the catch bucket underneath, Also because it is made out of MDF i want to add something to the front to help protect against possible misses that might damage the catchbox, I have a big sheet of foam that is used for extra bed cussion I will likely use. I will also need to weather proof it eventually but for now I will lug it back inside when not in use.

Overall cost was about $25

·
Slingshots Canada
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I love hearing the sound it makes when dropping into the catch bucket, Lets me know the ammo dropped into the bucket and not into the grass!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
That is actually really nice!!!! Good job!! Thanks for sharing a GREAT idea!!!!

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
don't they recoil out of the box when the taret is hit?
If you're shooting 3/8" and it fsomehow ails to rip through both sides of a mere sodacan, then either your bands are waaaaaay too weak, or you are.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So I decided that I need a catchbox. I dreamed one up and drew up some plans. Then, I decided to see what other people have done. Yours is almost exactly what I drew. Thanks for showing me what my finished product is going to look like.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was thinking of making a catchbox out of a traffic cone with a towel jubalee clipped on the end if u get a hit it will do the same and roll to the end of the cone and even if u miss it will still travel to the end and collect in the towel only problem is I can't find any road works on at the moment lol

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
BUMP

I love this design and this is exactly how I want to make mine. I have one question though. How do you calculate the measurements needed to make the funnel?

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
I think I figured out how to achieve this. If i cut out the bottom a few inches larger than the bottom of the box and draw an X from corner to corner and cut I will have a funnel right?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.