Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my faithful postie staggered to my front door with yet another package from Australia. I was quite surprised to see that it was from Bullseyeben ... I had had no indication that I should expect anything from him. I tore open the package, and this is what I found.

The shape is very characteristic of Ben ... just look at his avatar. It has a very comfortable palm swell and lovely finger grooves. And yet it is very compact ... 4.75 inches long by 2.5 inches wide. The Theraband bands are long enough for me to shoot at 3/4 butterfly. As you can well imagine, it shoots all ammo up to 1/2 lead ball (the largest I tried) with a lot of power. It is an extremely sweet piece that fits easily in the pocket. What a grand surprise!!! Ben, thanks so much ... you are a gem.

Cheers ...... Charles

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
yup that's from Ben alright.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
That size and shape sounds like an amazing combo, I bet it's a great shooter.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Glad to see your Yabbie arrived safety,

I felt Charles has always been a generous and very helpful part of this forum, and considering the no. of lovely altoids shooters he kindly sent round the globe, I thought id replenish his slingshot count a little.
I know Charles is a fan of smaller slingshots, and I thought this might suit.. its an Aussie Blackwood frame, basicly my classic design scaled down, with a water treated river wood palm fill..that I recovered when trying to catch some yabbies.. hence the name, and I think it looks a bit like one too...
It's banded with some easy pull tb gold, suited for 5/16 steel..
Have fun with it

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ben, I have to confess complete ignorance ... what in the heck is a yabbie????

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Lol.. its a small crustacian similar to lobster... some have them as pets, others eat them...Yummy..

Attachments

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Nice fork. That's a setup for doing some serious rat control with your lead balls, Charles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts