Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little over a month ago Luxor5 wanted to know more about mesquite so I offered to send him a couple of forks to the UK, in return he said he would send me some spalted forks from a nearby overflow to a river, well today, a month later they arrived, as you can see in the pick they are stunning, can`t wait to see what they reveal when I start getting into them, gonna take awhile though as I need to put some thought into these...Thanks again Luxor5... 20121128_111348.jpg

Attachments

·
"Crafter"
2,120 Posts
Well I wanted to showcase my end of the trade in a separate topic but the title is almost exactly how I would have put it! AZ Stinger kindly jumped in when I was curious about this popular mesquite wood and offered me some forks, I was over the moon! Well for some reason post my end was quicker and the forks arrived about a week ago now, and right from the moment I opened the package I knew I was dealing with something real nice. This wood felt alien almost, its presence was of something very foreign to what I am familiar with the weight and the sheer tough feeling of the bark were amazing contrasts to my native woods. I have only worked one of the forks so far with minimal shaping just a nice diagonal cut to show of the heart wood and a very high grit finish all the way up to 1200. Again AZStinger my hat is tipped to you sir ,thanks for the opportunity to work these great forks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not only is it great to see the enthusiam and the comradery through sharing here, but for this novice such images help to develop an eye for what I should look for on my first walkabout, while seeking material for my first attempts.

Thanks gentlemen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts