Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my postie rang the bell and delivered a package from Northerner. Here is what it contained:

Wood Handwriting Rectangle Font Electric blue

I was so blown away by his generosity that I hardly know what to say. He and I swapped PMs, and he inquired about my mutant ninja design. I offered to send him one, and he selected one that I had cut from an HDPE cutting board. I included some Alliance file bands for him to try, as I had been getting good speeds with them.

He offered to send me something as well, but I told him not to feel obligated as I already have a "house full of slingshots". Well, durned if he did not make me eat my words!!! That slingshot is LOVELY ... the photo does not do it justice. It appears to my eye to be cut from a laminated bamboo cutting board ... should be tough as he11. And it is just a perfect size for me ... it is almost exactly the same size as my mutant ninja. But the finish on it is amazing ... it is like glass! Now, when I make a slingshot, I am a lot more into function than finish. To be truthful, as long as it shoots well for me, I do not care HOW it looks. Seeing the slingshot Northerner sent me makes me feel totally inadequate about my own work ... heavy sigh ... I obviously need some instruction on finishing techniques.

Not only did he send the frame, he also included two sets of Tex bands from .030 inch latex ... complete with ties, and one set is already attached to a fine pouch, ready to go.

In addition, Northerner included two baggies of Alliance 117b bands, since I have been unable to get them locally. I had indicated that I wanted to test them out but could not find them here. Well, each baggie contains 30 rubber bands!!

I am so morally in debt, I will never recover. All I can say is a big THANK YOU!!! I will say it again ... I am always blown away at how generous folks are on this forum can be. Thanks again, Northerner. Live long, shoot lots, and may your ammo always hit your target.

Cheers .... Charles

Attachments

·
The King of Kings ...There is only 1...
1,701 Posts
Congradulations Charles I am still in awe myself at the generosity of the slingers on this site. Both of you are stand up gentlemen and thankyou for making this a great place to be.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Score! Very generous of northener... looks like a great frame..

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Amazing gifts!!!!

That slingshot sure is sweet :)

Cheers ..Q

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Hi Charles,

You're welcome! Yep, the frame was cut from two bamboo cutting boards laminated together (4 layers total). The finish is a type of Danish Oil (tung oil base). I hope it works for you!

Cheers,

Northerner

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Great stuff, congratulations Charles. Northerner's a good man to do that, but he was only following your example. And that slingshot looks da bomb!

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Top notch, both of you.

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Gosh, what a great gesture of friendship. Well deserved gift from a big hearted person. Top marks to you both.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nothing surprises me on this forum. I am on 5 other forums. This forum blows them all away. First of all it is world wide. I like that being a military brat and traviling all over. Over seas twice! People are generally nice. It shines here. I look forward to spending time here! Best to the both of you! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts