Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When it's cold the fish that don't make it out to deep water find deeper holes so they don't freeze to death and the lay on the bottom there was a lot of fish in that hole because on my third throw my net did not open up and I still caught a lot of fish my first throw I did not film had 31 fish in 31 mullet on red fish and 2 snook.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ghost...I was born and raised in the foothills of the high desert hundreds of miles from the nearest slack water, so have never seen that done. For some reason it fascinates me.
When I was in high school and after I got out of the Marines this is how I fished for money on a smaller scale I used 500 yards of hill net and a smaller boat called a bird dog out board is in the middle of the boat and it has a tunnel runs really shallow we would catch over 1000 lbs of fish then I would shark fish with a net and long line but that's all out lawed now but I got to do it for a while after they band gill net fishing we could use a stop net to in circle and cast net them out.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Ghost...I was born and raised in the foothills of the high desert hundreds of miles from the nearest slack water, so have never seen that done. For some reason it fascinates me.
When I was in high school and after I got out of the Marines this is how I fished for money on a smaller scale I used 500 yards of hill net and a smaller boat called a bird dog out board is in the middle of the boat and it has a tunnel runs really shallow we would catch over 1000 lbs of fish then I would shark fish with a net and long line but that's all out lawed now but I got to do it for a while after they band gill net fishing we could use a stop net to in circle and cast net them out.
You realize of course that I didn't understand most of what you said! HA HA! If you hadn't posted the the video I wouldn't have done that well! Now those fish aren't the aliens from Asia that jump like crazy when you go by in a boat are they. Don't seem likely. Interesting stuff, thanks for the post.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You realize of course that I didn't understand most of what you said! HA HA! If you hadn't posted the the video I wouldn't have done that well! Now those fish aren't the aliens from Asia that jump like crazy when you go by in a boat are they. Don't seem likely. Interesting stuff, thanks for the post.
No but they do jump out of the water some times in the boat.

Reactions: Reed Lukens
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.