Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today was quite cold here...

So I thought of getting gloves.

Now I yet have cool vintage leather gloves of my dad which should provide good feeling and enough grip at the pouch, but they are too nice to rub 'em down...

And then there are hunter's gloves.
Some with full coverage of the fingers and some without.
now I'm interested in the fully covered models like these:

Merkel Gear gloves

Now, do you think they will be a good thing to have or just a waste of (quite some) money?

Thanks for reading. :)

Registered
One glove that came to mind were these mechanics gloves that I use for riding my motorcycle, some have a woven fabric back and rubberized pads fon the fingers which give an excellent grip.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Could you test them? would be interesting.
I have to find my motorcycle glothes, but I haven't been on a ride for quite some time... :confused:

I guess that the gloves will wear out fast, where the pouch rubs shot after shot.
especially a rubberized surface won't last long, my guess.

Registered
Could you test them? would be interesting.
I have to find my motorcycle glothes, but I haven't been on a ride for quite some time... :confused:

I guess that the gloves will wear out fast, where the pouch rubs shot after shot.
especially a rubberized surface won't last long, my guess.
Most of the mechanics gloves that I use daily are designed to last about 40 hours and yet be thin enough to feel what they are doing and stand up to oil and grime, using them for shooting catty's they should last a lot longer.

However!

The riding gloves are a lot better made and why they came to mind earlier, they can also be washed a few times if needed and slighly better made than the mechanic types.

Failing those there are these gloves below which I use and lucky to get free through an army buddy who get them as a standard winer issue, so they can still feel what they are doing whilst handling their rifles, other military surplus stores might have something very similar.

SealSkin z Ultra Grip knitted

P1030174 by apprentice 01, on Flickr

P1030171 by apprentice 01, on Flickr

P1030172 by apprentice 01, on Flickr

The mechanic types should be good for a few thousand shots and would give the best grip and feel.

Hope that helps.

Science is magic that works
Hi, here is pic of one of my gloves, fingerless, let's you feel, but keeps your hand warm. I made another pair out of shearling, but I can't remember where I put them.
Automotive lighting Bumper Wood Art Hood

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: the fishing gloves work. the handling gets a bit worse and the grip isn't quite as good as I hoped for. but overall not too bad and I will keep them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts