Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You know, I think this has potential. Aaron is right, the muscle that hold this is very strong. Plus, the Fork could really be low as there is no knuckle that you may hit, the profile is flat.

For strong bands, the brace has to be sturdy and also I think the grip itself needs to be far more solid. Something thick, maybe even with Fimo around it. I will spend some time thinking about this.

I just love fresh ideas!

Jörg

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Warhammer, I will of course name the kid as the inventor, just as I keep stressing that the original "W" idea was given to me by Bill Herriman. I only enhanced it.

And I may give him a slingshot, although he seems to young for a seriously strong version, and in any case I won't do it without the prior consent of his parents. But first, I need to make one and see if it is really any good. What you never see on my channel is all my failures, but on every success there comes two or three defeats.

Regards

Jörg

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I usually need two or three prototypes to get things right, so don't expect miracles from the upcoming first version, planned for this weekend.

My ideas are fairly straight forward. A thick grip, a hand brace that is comfortable, sturdy and as far away from the actual fork as possible (legal in Germany, only arm braces are banned), everything made from stainless steel and a leather belt, that is pretty much it.

The biggest "flaw" in the design of the original inventor is the brace that is too close to the fork. I think the fork should be right beside your knuckles, and the brace at least two inches farther back.

I want to use hinges for the attachments.

Making this one self centering is a challenge, as the fork height would have to be much higher OR there has to be a sturdy metal rod coming out between ring and middle finger (so the bearings woould be in the middle of the grip). I plan to not include self centering in the first prototype, the fork is wide enough anyway.

From there on, I will see how to enhance it further, after many test shots. I will gladly let you participate in the process.

Regards

Jörg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.