Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is my Gnarled Frankenstein Slingshot. The reason I call it a frankenstein is because there are 3 different types of wood. The reason for this was one of the limbs was already broken so I drilled a hole where the old limb fell off. Inserterd a hard-wood dowel into the hole and glued it down. Added bamboo pieces to give it a fuller limb and laminated it with that. dap-plasti wood to fill in any cracks and sanded it down. Not fully completed but like it this way will hit it with some Linseed oil and a clear coat. Just wanted to share

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
This is my Gnarled Frankenstein Slingshot. The reason I call it a frankenstein is because there are 3 different types of wood. The reason for this was one of the limbs was already broken so I drilled a hole where the old limb fell off. Inserterd a hard-wood dowel into the hole and glued it down. Added bamboo pieces to give it a fuller limb and laminated it with that. dap-plasti wood to fill in any cracks and sanded it down. Not fully completed but like it this way will hit it with some Linseed oil and a clear coat. Just wanted to share
Yes, please show us the finished job when it's done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts