Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you need to shorten your bands for a particular shot you can just go BareBack with your slingshot and it is just as accurate and effective without actually taking the time to shorten your bands. It is accurate enough to shoot Kennedy Half Dollars out of mid air.

http://youtu.be/itP62LyHxcI

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
dgui, have you tried bareback with tubes or rubber band chains by any chance? I"m wondering if it works for flats only. If anything, I think the thickness of the tube or rubber band chain would raise the ammo even higher above the finger as the ball passes by the index finger, so reduce whatever chance there is of a finger hit. I've shot many time bareback with no finger hits yet.

Also, do you find the aiming at 10 to 20 yards is pretty consistent with bareback? If the muscle memory is there and both hands are held in the same position relative to each other on every shot, it seems it ought to be pretty consistent.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Ted, I have video of shooting BareBack with Chinese Tubes but not the standard large tubes. It is my finding that if the same amount of time shooting with frames matches the shooting BareBack accuracy is the same. I frequently try to do both and I find so far that whatever can be accomplished with a frame can also be done BareBack. In my opinion based on experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts