Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Found these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GB2R22P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems like a good deal, my first SlingShot from Amazon came with 10 sets of bands similar to these and they work well. At less than 50 cents for a set of bands I figure it is worth giving them a try.
When You get those bands, take some real brand elastic and make a bandset with same dimensions.

Then shoot with both and tell, if there is any difference.

66 ft is good distance for that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my bands yesterday. Just got around to trying them this afternoon.

Put a set on my Axiom Ocularis. 8.75" active band length for about a 35" draw, so a very light pull. Went to shooting cans at 10 meters and was penetrating both sides of the can easily with 3/8" steel. Didn't chronograph them yet but my guess would be around 200fps.

I got about 100 shots on the first set of bands and they are holding up fine so far, they are all tied for OTT with the small Chinese synthetic pouches which work good for shooting pinch ball style or regular with up to 3/8" ammo.

16 sets of bands with pouches for $7.30 still seems like a great deal to me, but when I went and looked at them again on Amazon they are now $12.99, still not a bad deal.

Attachments

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,208 Posts
I got my bands yesterday. Just got around to trying them this afternoon.

Put a set on my Axiom Ocularis. 8.75" active band length for about a 35" draw, so a very light pull. Went to shooting cans at 10 meters and was penetrating both sides of the can easily with 3/8" steel. Didn't chronograph them yet but my guess would be around 200fps.

I got about 100 shots on the first set of bands and they are holding up fine so far, they are all tied for OTT with the small Chinese synthetic pouches which work good for shooting pinch ball style or regular with up to 3/8" ammo.

16 sets of bands with pouches for $7.30 still seems like a great deal to me, but when I went and looked at them again on Amazon they are now $12.99, still not a bad deal.
When you get those tell us how they shoot and if they last long ... sounds like a good deal to me, and shipping is not that slow ... it takes me forever to get things from China.

wll

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have been shooting these bands for awhile now, and they seem to be holding up fine.

I am using an 8.75" active band length for about a 35" draw, for a fairly easy pull.

I did check the thickness of the bands with my dial calipers and it does vary from .75mm to .80mm, which is not as consistent as some of the other bands that I have.

I did shoot them over the chronograph today and was averaging 220fps with 3/8" steel and 200fps with 7/16" steel.

I am still pretty new to shooting SlingShots, so I am no expert for sure, but these bands seem fine to me for shooting cans, and the price was right!

·
Registered
309 Posts
sounds like they are working well for you and at the end of the day, that is what is important.
I had enough bands when you originally posted about them. But I was gonna buy some anyway... But when I got there the price had doubled. Still not bad, but I passed them up because I am pretty sure I have a half dozen or so of those already.
But anyway, Thanks for letting us know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts