Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed GP, Rufus is the best example of what we consider instinct shooting. I've experimented with it a little and truthfully, it's not that hard - just keep your mind out of the way and let your radar do the work ... although I'm guessing longer distances might be problematic. Maybe not.

I did learn a lot from that video, especially the 3 point aiming method. He appears to demonstrate a 'snap' style of shooting, where his muscle memory is honed to the nth degree, and his shots are launched very quickly ... but nevertheless, I believe the 3 points are aligned - rapidly - to score a hit. Whether to call that instinctual? - don't know and don't care. I savor and enjoy the zen of aiming and don't plan to pursue a snap shooting skill ... but do plan to buy that frame, heck yeah, has my name on it. :)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
slingshot instinctive shoot is a scam and trick by some slingshot sellers,

that's impossible get decent accuracy with instinct
I shoot traditional archery instinctively (I won't debate the definition of instinctive anymore!) and I have the trophies to prove it does indeed work. Do you think our ancestors sat around the campfire discussing anchor points, gap shooting, back tension, split finger or three under release, etc.? Doubt it. They just picked up their sticks, stones, spears, bows and slings and went about the business of makin' bacon! I apply the same techniques with slingshots and it's working well for me. Instinctive works, or we wouldn't be here!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Rufus, Dgui, Richnewm, etc...

Any hunter ever taking a bird on wing... Everything that is new or difficult requires 1,000's hours to make usable...insticntive is all I shoot these days...

I am close to being good at it. I am either in or near the bull or a close miss. 18 months is all it took with 50-100 shots a day.

In my teens I shot very well instinctively...lost the skill to aiming only and shooting seldom.

But I assure it is real.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts