Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello, just some words about me. I have been shooting slingshots since I was a ten years old poacher (far away). Mi first catapults where self made from olive wood three wich I used to cut green, harden and shape on fire, fine polishing with some broken bottle's glass, waterproofing in heated oil o wax.

Growin I have had somme milbro, some trumark and marksman, wich I bought in the archery shops i used to frequent as an istinctive bow archer.

Recently I have ordered a Dankung but cause it will take time to arrive from China I have dane one, dankung stile, myself. I made it of a 6mm inox rod, I also realized a dima (form) you see in the pictures (but then discarded it) and whent with vice and pliers with the help of a friend jacksmith. One of the ears is a bit larger than the other and may be also 1 mm taller due to the fact that I had to shape the frame cold (not heating) but this does not obviously affect precision because You all know that fine shooting is a matter of phisical condition, not of hardware.. I also soldered it right in the middle just to avoid disallignement of the braces. I am testing right now the loose chinese attachment concept shown on the Dankung's site by a soldier's video. Except for the wrist movements, the shooting stile (istintive shot, no aiming, soft grip in the frame) and the way of holding the catty (thumb up on one fork index finger folded on the other) is exactly the same I had developed in my youghness. to be honest else if I think I was/am good enaught on shooting I have never been able to pic flyng birds (only occasionaly, with tremendous amount of luck) and I did not like to kill them when standing on threes. but had any problem with one deadly head shot with snakes and vipers or lizards or whathever else was running on ground at at reasonable distance (20 mt or so) .
excuse my english

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ps, for rubber I am testing some latex theraband tubular. Yellow (in 4 and 8 strands) seems good. Red are impssible to drive if doubled, too weak in the single (2 strands) callsin configuration, (and the butch I have is terribly irregoular in mouldng) green I can only drive in two strads, they seems fats. I have found also some cherry red bands, also from Thera, and they seems very fast. But I am whaiting anxiously the chinese rubber becasue I feel ther are way better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome Stelug! Your gonna love it here. Great lil dankung style pult.

Nick

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome Stelug,
you sound an experienced shooter and I am interested to read your input on this great site mate!

·
Super Moderator
6,602 Posts
Nice to have you aboard Stelug! Flatband

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Welcome to a great forum ! Glad to have you! I also like to shoot Dankungs (and lots of other kinds). I thought I'd show a couple of my shooters I've been working with.
This one has Chinese 20-40 tubing and is very easy to shoot with light bands and loads of fun to plink at cans and such. It is from Dankung. Hand Font Electric blue Jewellery Wire
This one is one I made out of 5/16" steel rod. Body jewelry Plant Jewellery Audio equipment Table It has 17-45 Chinese tubing and has plenty of power for taking quail and dove.
This one is one I made out of 1/4" stainless rod and is outfitted with 8-strand 20-40 Chinese tubing. It is very powerful and quite capable of taking rabbits out to 20 yards or so, I think, but I haven't been able to get close enough to prove it yet. I keep trying, but I don't want to shoot from too far away and end up just hurting one. Wood Gas Font Metal Wire

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou for Your's welcome, I'll keep on reading and sharing. Great work Smitty. I had seen before Your's site-blog too and I have taken from You the idea of making my own dima to create the dankung-stile catty. Can 1/4 rod old upp 8 strand's without any soldering? I have no experience of chinese tubing because I am still waiting them with the original dankung. I am using theraband and medical tubes at the moment, medical in 4 strand are very fast but quite hard to deal with: I can I can shot with them buit at the cost of some accurance. At the moment the best suitable for me (apart the extra strong marksman) are the two piece (classic mount one for side) thera (tubing in red-green-or blue) and the cherry extrathik flat thera. But I am keeping on with the experiment in 4 and 8 strnds because I read on dankung site thery are the best combo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts