Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there have been some discussions on this site as to whether or not what we post can be copied, made for personal use, etc.

Here are the first three designs that i have done myself. The GS-1 may look generic but i put some thought into it and i think the the geometric shape (only used straight lines and circles) give it a unique look, and it's still a good shooter. The GS-2 is also made using only lines and circles but as you can see it is a different looking design, i realized that nearly all slingshots have a traditional narrowed handle section, but you don't really need it of you are shooting with your fingers supporting the forks, so GS-2 is my answer to that. The GS-3 is probably the most generic design but i assure you that I really did draw it from my own idea of what a "slim-looking" slingshot should look like, as well as one that could be used for both supported grip or hammer grip if the handle was built up.

So there you have it, three designs by me for you to use. Feel free to make them and PLEASE do post pictures if you do, I want to see other peoples made. I do plan on selling them, but i don't care if others want to sell them too, All that i ask is that you keep my name on them if you sell them, "Gopher Slingshots GS-1, 2, or 3"

Have fun and enjoy!

Attachments

·
"Crafter"
1,897 Posts
Nice designs! BTW i have suggested we get a sticky on the custom forum explaining if people re-produce vendor designs they seek image approval before posting or suffer the rath! I think this way we wont have to include lines of premissions and approvals in posts we create about our slingshots or designs ,it turns a relaxed forum into a bag of eggshells. If anyone agrees could they bump a message to Aaron at least this way we all remain friendly.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, i don't want to get back to all that discussion again. I'm not a vendor here, and i don't care who uses these designs or for what purpose. All i ask is that if you use them to sell that you keep the names. Anyone who wants to use these does not have to ask my permission and should not be worried about posting pictures, i would love to see others make my designs as it would make me feel good that i did something worthwhile for the sport.

Indeed, please make these and let us see them!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks Gopher these are three great designs, i will have to get drawing now and post some free designs for people to use myself.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
I have a few designs I will be more than glad to share. Now keep in mind I am not that great of a designer. I will post the "Edge" slingshot I made a while ago which I think is my best so far. Does anybody else use openoffice?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use Visio, does open office have a "visio" clone?

·
Super Moderator
5,250 Posts
I have a few designs I will be more than glad to share. Now keep in mind I am not that great of a designer. I will post the "Edge" slingshot I made a while ago which I think is my best so far. Does anybody else use openoffice?
I use OpenOffice on Linux for all my office needs, but I use QCad for drawing slingshot designs.Sorry, it only runs on Linux.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
I've tried Open Office but I can't draw as well using it as MS Office (MSO). At least up to 2006 edition the lastest is a lot worse to draw in. I love to draw in MSO almost as much as I used to like Corel Draw. Google Sketchup is free and better than MSO.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
I use OpenOffice on Linux for all my office needs, but I use QCad for drawing slingshot designs.Sorry, it only runs on Linux.
[/quote]

I only use linux as well. I will check out QCad.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used to use google sketchup and really liked it but when i got a new computer i just haven't gotten around to downloading it again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.