Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is the last one I get to play with. . . *sigh*. I truly do love this wood. This is the first time I have ever used stain with it, but the grain was so remarkable I just had to make it pop.

The reason for the stunning grain pattern is that the forks area had more knots than branch on it, making it necessary to use my rasp a lot on this one. Also, these wormholes added even more character, I think.

It is a good size, too. I shot with it this morning and was well pleased with the feel.

Once again I'd like to thank Dan for these marvelous forks. Now for some more hand resting, LOL!

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
That's a real jaw-dropper!
One of the most beautiful naturals I've seen yet.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
That is a real beaut with character, one of a kind, that's what makes this hobby so enjoyable, along with craftsmanship, skill and the generosity of
others who send the forks.

Sean

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Nice fork, great job Bill!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Bravo Bill!

If you ever have some eastern species forks you want to get rid of, jus tle tme know, I have plenty of ash here!

Glad you enjoyed working with those, take care, Dan.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everybody. I really do love the way this one came out. I just got home from the post office where I mailed it off to one of our fellows -- lucky guy doesn't even know it's coming.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Thank you everybody. I really do love the way this one came out. I just got home from the post office where I mailed it off to one of our fellows -- lucky guy doesn't even know it's coming.
Someone's going to have a good mail day soon!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts