Just gotta see how it's gonna be-sure looks and seems cool

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    36.9 KB Views: 12

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dankung is listed in the manufactures of slingshots in the forum couple days ago, got lots videos, on u tube, same place Jeorge has his=U Tube and by Dankung- look it up- theyr'e good.All
of them

got any pics of it off the internet?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I`m also buying one from the personal classified section elsewhere on the forum after reading what others thought of them. Considered one for a while though. don`t know how long it will take though, it`s made from titanium.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I`m also buying one from the personal classified section elsewhere on the forum after reading what others thought of them. Considered one for a while though. don`t know how long it will take though, it`s made from titanium.
No to much be patient ;-)

·
Registered
199 Posts
No to much be patient ;-)
[/quote]

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ordered the Bi-Thor today. I liked how I should be able to use/setup different band types/configurations on a single model. Something most commercial North American models can not do. Plus I ordered extra tubing and a pouch.

The eastern slingshots are more ornate and have style over the western counterparts that are more utility in design. So it's refreshing to see some "style" come through along with function.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I agree, Christopher. Those slingshots are really nice and I think the fresh wind from out of China attracts many new shooters.

And Dankung is eager to learn, it will be interesting to see where they stand in a year from now.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Here is how much I like the Chinese style of slingshot!

Attachments

·
2,153 Posts
Here is my new self made Chinese style slingshot made from my jig.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Smitty that is very nice; I'm impressed. Would you be willing to make a video tutorial on what you did and materials you used? Like did you do all this using a cold bend or did you have to heat the rod? What type of rod/material did you use? And what difficulties did you run into?

·
2,153 Posts
I'll try to make a video showing how to use the jig if I can. Most of it is in making sure the jig is right. You don't have all the bolts in to start. You begin at the center of the rod on the bolt for the handle bottom with only one bolt in at the top of the handle to make first turn. Keep bending handle around until you pass bolt hole for other side of handle.Place bolt in hole. Rod is bent in a closed "U" shape. Bend both forks out past next hole and place bolts for next turn. It helps to clamp rod down to jig at handle to keep metal down. Now you just make each turn and place next bolt for next turn as you go. Finally, for the ears of the fork,just wrap around bolt head for ear until rod is at a 90 degree to fork where it passes over the rod. I used a cutting disk on a 4" grinder to cut extra metal and then reheated each ear to cherry red and pressed them down flat.
I think much could be learned by making a jig and bending a coat hanger around it first. Then try 1/8" rod, then 1/4" rod, then use the size rod you want your slingshot to be. Mine was 5/16" cold rolled steel, because I thought it would take a few trys to do, instead of stainless like I finally want.
Biggest tip is to make sure you plan your jig for the size rod you are gonna use. You don't want to get it all made and find out that the rod is too thick to fit between any of your bolts.
All bending was done with a propane torch using mapp gas, heating until area to bend was "cherry red".

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hello all,
Mine came today, very quickly sent (cheers faca
. Looks superb too, almost new, not a mark on it. Can`t wait to get out and shoot it now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts