Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already mentioned how I have troubles with my newly arrived precise 3rd gen 0.65. Well, I wasn't crazy, as I have banded slingshots hundreds upon hundreds of times, the only possible explanation was that the roll was bad, and it is.
This precise I got just snaps, with no warning. Even the strips I used for tying the bands to the forks snap for crying out loud.
I run a simple test, I made a small tear on the side of one band, and when I tried to stretch it, before I even stretched it 200%, it snapped like a piece of paper.
I already contacted the seller about this, as he is a reputable one, and I hope he will provide a solution. If not, I will inform you all where I got it, so you can avoid the hustle.
I really really hope the other two rolls turn out to be ok, as I loved the draw weight.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I haven't tried the gen3 yet but it sounds like the latex is brittle. Maybe too much direct heat or sunlight somewhere along the way. I'm curious to hear the dealers reply.

·
Premium Member
9,601 Posts
It wouldn't really be the dealers fault would it? Sometimes 2rolls of the same elastic has totally different characteristics. I tend to blame the manufacturer and their quality control.
Unless of course the dealer totally mis-handled it. Hard to tell. Good thing it's cheap.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It wouldn't really be the dealers fault would it? Sometimes 2rolls of the same elastic has totally different characteristics. I tend to blame the manufacturer and their quality control.
Unless of course the dealer totally mis-handled it. Hard to tell. Good thing it's cheap.
I dont blame the dealer for the quality, I will blame the dealer if he doesnt refund me or send me another roll.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And from his first messages he doesnt appear willing to make it righ.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had the same problem. I stopped using the stuff. its dangerous
Dangerous indeed. Is it possible that all precise 3rd gen 0.65 have the same issue? I have two more rolls on order ????

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would cancel if possible. I have three rolls that I got on a special. Got a nasty hit when a band broke at the fork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts