Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During last years shoot,someone hit my Chrony by accident. The guy was real sorry about it and gave me $50 to get it fixed. I finally sent it in to get all re-done. Totally re-calibrated,new readers front and back( I had a few dents in her myself
),checked out and ready to go. Total cost was $48.95 with shipping to and from and all parts and testing. Nice to have my little buddy back and newly calibrated too. Flatband

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
During last years shoot,someone hit my Chrony by accident. The guy was real sorry about it and gave me $50 to get it fixed. I finally sent it in to get all re-done. Totally re-calibrated,new readers front and back( I had a few dents in her myself
),checked out and ready to go. Total cost was $48.95 with shipping to and from and all parts and testing. Nice to have my little buddy back and newly calibrated too. Flatband
This is a good thing! You were probably getting the twitches and not sure why. The Chrony arrived and all is calm and peaceful.

I finally bought one, and I am more interested in using it than expected. I have some tests that others may find quite interesting but I am finding it doesn't like to be under tree canopies (my yard conditions), even if they are high. I will have to find a place to do my tests.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Gary, why don't you shield it with a wooden top (a plank that has windows for the readers) and a transparent front (made mine from an old screw container)? A hit won't be fatal if you do that.

Of course I never hit my chrony after I shielded it. That is the thing with precautions. Ince you take them, they aren't necessary anymore. Which doesn't mean that they don't make sense.

Jörg

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah you are right on Joerg! Either a chunk of wood like you said or a nice thick piece of Lexan. I'll do something for protection. Can't be doing this all the time! I know you went through your share of readers too Bud! thanks, Flatband

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.