Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
i got my first gun thursday 12/30/2010 for christmas .the reason i got it 5 days after x-mas was because i took a trip to my homeland tenneessee .its a .22lr savage arms mk2 gxp
Jealous!

How's it shoot?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good on you , you will definately have a great time with it !!! I know I have found them a buzz to shoot, those good ol' .22 's .

Though airguns can also be very good guns too, cmn guys

Try shooting a PCP and you will be hooked to the sport of airgunning !!

But a .22 rimfire is much easier to shoot than a spring powered airgun, and you can get some superb range with them too. The squirrels and the rest of the quarry will be suprised to see a new 'hunting tool" apart from the humble slingshot in your collection.

Hope you have a great time with it !!
Would love to see pics..

Cheers,
AJ

·
1,414 Posts
Good on you , you will definately have a great time with it !!! I know I have found them a buzz to shoot, those good ol' .22 's .

But a .22 rimfire is much easier to shoot than a spring powered airgun, and you can get some superb range with them too. The squirrels and the rest of the quarry will be suprised to see a new 'hunting tool" apart from the humble slingshot in your collection.

Would love to see pics..

Cheers,
AJ
A PCP is doubtless more cost-efficient and effective (for small pest species,) in the long run; but the high initial cost, lack of recoil, limited power and range makes me want a bolt-action .22LR more!

·
1,414 Posts
No matter what weapon you use,remember safty first.
Ironically firearm related accidents have risen exponentially since the universal adoption of the safety lock, I wonder why...

·
Registered
154 Posts

Would love to see pics..

Cheers,
AJ
A PCP is doubtless more cost-efficient and effective (for small pest species,) in the long run; but the high initial cost, lack of recoil, limited power and range makes me want a bolt-action .22LR more!

[/quote]

You are correct, It does make more sense to purchase a .22 when they are a WHOLE lot more cheaper than a PCP and much more powerful out to greater distances. Though it obviously depends on what type of shooting you are willing to do.

If you are into Hunting, then I too would opt for a .22 Lr , though if you wanted to do some FT shooting or indoor target practice, then a PCP would be a whole lot more ideal due to the minimum recoil and low noise which they create.

Though I myself have dropped several rabbits with a freinds Evanix PCP (.22) at 135 m......though a rimfire would stretch the distcance much further.

When I get my FAL (fire arms license) when I turn 16 later this year, I will go with a trusty .22 rimfire......cause they are just too much fun !!!

And in regards to "safety first" lol, I have found that when there is no safety catch on a gun, you are much more aware of the safety precautions which you must take when shooting, as well as where you are pointing the gun etc. Though when there is NO safety catch, you do tend to be a little lazy at times and expect the gun to be absolutely safe..........that is until it fires a round unexpectedly when you were not ready , due to the safety having faults.....I have experianced this hahaha.

Cheers,
AJ

·
1,414 Posts
Sam
I didn't mean the safty latch.I meant safe gun handling procedures.
No I understand mate, obviously practising the safe handling of a firearm, or any tool for that matter, is of paramount importance, I was just pulling your leg!
(It is factually correct though...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.