Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at work I was thinking about how to put some flat bands on my Marksman. I decided to use locking collars. I wanted 3/8, but only had 7/16. It still had the caps on the prongs...so I pulled the bands flat and wrapped a piece of electrical tape around them...Then slid the collars on. I think I'm going to split a piece of 10 mm hose and try that instead of tape to make sure the bands don't pinch inside the collars. Also I'm gonna try the bands on the outside of the prongs. Bicycle part Musical instrument accessory Metal Fashion accessory Composite material
Wood Auto part Human leg Composite material Fashion accessory

All suggestions welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
View attachment 309498 It shoots good as it is. This is only 16' but I'm not used to gangsta style but I might have to rethink the way I shoot. Was really happy with the way things are going. I got my elevation down pretty close, but I'm grouping to the right. Still first time out...so I'm ok with it for now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glasses Vision care Eye glass accessory Eyewear Wood
I'm gonna shorten the bands about an inch or so next time and try to get a little more out of it...but the first shot today scared the flip outta me. LOL It went thru the paper target and burlap bag in my catch box and sounded like it busted the back out of it. So I went to triple cardboard to slow down the 3/8 ball.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wood Beam Ceiling Metal Engineering
Brown Luggage and bags Bag Comfort Material property
Wood Shotgun Metal Hardwood Air gun

EeeYaaoow! You are good to go! I'd watch my bands and the first spot to show stress, I'd figure out why and change. If you can learn to shoot that brute, I don't see any reason to change anything! Of course that isn't the slingshooters way. You'll have a whole house full of them soon!
Hahahahaha...I recognize the syndrome....guitars, old compounds, Trad bows...a house full. I've got GAS! Gear Acquisition Syndrome! LOL

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,639 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like a great set up!

And you should have a blast trying out options like inside the forks, outside the forks, OTT and over the collars - maybe for all the above!

I usually use 5/8-inch marbles or 1/2-inch steel with the 107 bands. They are great for chucking weight!
Brown Rectangle Wood Textile Couch

This came yesterday...my wife ordered these and surprised me..just waiting on my band material. But I'm leaving for work, so it's gonna be a coupla days. Can't wit to get started! LOL

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.