Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little unexpected free time.

I posted a while ago about how Dgui's great little pickle forks were so much fun to shoot. But with the one set up for butterfly shooting I tore up my hand. Recently I started shooting butterfly again with it and hit my hand again and got a few more fork hits. Man these little things are tough! Unfortunately they're tougher than my hands, though.
Then Darrell came to the rescue and sent me one of his Full-Figured pickle forks. Even though I was a little skeptical (and a little afraid) I took a chance and butterflied with it. No fork hits and my hand is unblemished.
I guess I like my slingshots like I like my women: full-figured and natural.

But even though it isn't natural, this wider fork fits the bill. Here's a comparison between it and the original.

Fits my hand like this:

I found out that this rig with Bill Herriman's latex bands is definitely too powerful for 1/4-inch ammo. I wish I could have video'd the crazy path of the BB's I shot. Things settled down nicely with 3/8 steel afterward. But I still can't hit anything.
Oh, well, at least I'm not ripping up my hand in the effort.

Thanks Darrell. I was afraid to shoot any of your pickled balls yet for fear of losing them.

·
Registered
733 Posts
After hitting my thumb for the 3rd time I am less interested in shooting butterfly. Now that is 3 times out of like 150 shots, but it hurts bigtime. Kind of like a monkey that gets a shock every time he goes for the banana, eventually you learn.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darrell, I want to put some slabs on yr full-figured and send it back to you. Would you be insulted if i did that? I hope not because I like you and what you do. But I think your pickle forks would gain more popularity from a few tweaks.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Darrell, I want to put some slabs on yr full-figured and send it back to you. Would you be insulted if i did that? I hope not because I like you and what you do. But I think your pickle forks would gain more popularity from a few tweaks.

Its good for the sport, Bring it on! I would be pleased to recieve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.