Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are two I did in the last 2 days messing around in the barn. I thought I would really like the larger one. More thought went into that than the small one but I over thought it! The notch on the top was cut out for my middle finger to stablize my hold better. Gave it some contact area. It turned out to be quite restrictive and annoying. I cut it off a few minutes ago. The "slit" in the circle at the bottom serves its purpose though. I use it to hang it on my pocket when I need both hands. As for the little one, it was the product of running out of wood. I really like this and seem to be quite accurate with it too. I have performance catapults sport tubes on it. Nice fit. Still need to sand and finish. Would like a small palm swell on it but not sure if I can do it. are they tough? Thanks, Dean Wood Cookie cutter Wood stain Hardwood Table
Wood Gesture Finger Art Thumb

Attachments

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
those look cool buddy. the one on the bottom is "X-Factor"! Or H.... factor..... anyways!
You ask about palm swells... They are not difficult. if you have a belt sander they are easy as pie. just take your time shaping and press lightly... obviously cutting it to size before gluing dramatically decreases sanding time... but sometimes i just glue a rectangle piece of wood on the handle, making sure surfaces touch nice and flat. CLamp and let sit then the next day sand away.... before you know it you have yourself a palmswell...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! As for the long forks, I think it is a mental thing to keep my hands away from the projectile! Ha! And as for palm swells, that is how I thought it was done but I don't have a belt sander......yet
! What can you tell me about buffing to get the shine? I do have a dremmel kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts