Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just about got the hang of shooting butterfly today. Must admit, I'm not opening my arms fully - nearly there but I'm getting pretty consistent shots with it. Aiming is slightly shifted from the norm for me but I can stretch the bands and get them to touch my cheek as I'm aiming. At first, I had glove on and had my fingers well away from the forks but now it's feeling normal. I'm very excited as you can tell.
One question - can you shoot butterfly with any style of slingshot? Or is there an optimum design that helps with this shooting style?

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
I would visit Torstens' U-Tube Channel to watch him shoot along with Geko and the other greats from Germany. They have been researching this style for quite a while now.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was inspired by Torsten's Youtube videos and subscribed to his channel. They all make it look so graceful. So I made some black therabands last night to try out this evening.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
I cant understand why any one would shoot by any other style except to reserve power. As far as I can tell any slingshot can be shot by Butterfly however my thought on this may differ from the experts in that the wider and the longer the fork the greater potential for a fork hit. But, this is only by my experience. Since I have gone to small forks accuracy shot up and fork hits no longer happen.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
. . . Whatever. . .

I am practicing the butterfly style, but it will NEVER be my primary shooting method for the simple reason that it looks sooooo gay!
There. I said it.

It's "gangsta" style 4 me -- 4 evah!!!

who's got a problem with that?

·
2,144 Posts
I can't see it because of the long flowing blond hair under the tin bathing cap. Oh, and didn't Madonna wear one of those around her waist ? Very cute boots too !

·
11,147 Posts
Hey, just because I don't want to look like a ballerina when I'm shootin' my slingshot doesn't make me a bad guy, does it?
BTW, I'll bet Joerg hasn't made the slingshot that could dent that "tin" bathing cap!

·
2,144 Posts
You can wear a pink too-too if you feel the need. Just don't expect me to watch your performance.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
hey lay off the Vikings or I may introduce you to Baby

Attachments

·
2,144 Posts
Oh, hey Harper...when did they let you out ? Or did you let yourself out ?

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
I'm shooting Gangsta style with Butterfly!!!!-How Cool is that!!!! I Love it! Will be shooting tomorrow and have 7 frames rigged up with all kinds of thin latex and different cuts. I'm pretty new to it,but am using 3/8" Aluminum Rod Slingshots that I bent up myself-All through the throat designs-(I prefer that style) and all rigged with tiny 3/8" pouches -some straight,some center cupped and some double cupped. 63 -64 inch draw- CRAZY!!!!!!
Flatband

·
2,144 Posts
I cannot get used to shooting like that. I keep scraping my cheek with the pouch and it hurts too ! Sure does look cool to watch though.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My verry first day shooting butterfly I was doing full... It's not hard really. My dad was watching and said "your tuna hit yourself in the back of the head and I'm guns have to dig it out with my pocket knife"

·
11,147 Posts
My verry first day shooting butterfly I was doing full... It's not hard really. My dad was watching and said "your tuna hit yourself in the back of the head and I'm guns have to dig it out with my pocket knife"
You were shootin' tunas? Butterfly style, no less???
. . . and your old man thought one might penetrate the back of your noggin???
How big is your head? And was the tuna frozen (that might explain it)?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.