Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend, Jerry Blanchard,who's won more Slingshot Tournaments then anyone I know. He is ALWAYS carrying a slingshot. Anyway, Jerry takes walks usually every night after supper. He lives in Wisconsin and is blessed with some wide open land and quiet country roads. He walks down these roads with slingshot in hand and shoots at litter or anything laying around on the side of the road. I walked with him at the last tournament in Illinois. He said the trick is not to stop-see a coffee container lid-shoot!,see a bottle top-shoot!,cigarette butt-shoot! Anyway, the first ten or so shots I was lucky to hit the road!,then you start getting a little comfortable with it. Most shots are very short range and this is all instinct- A TON OF FUN,and also to talk with Jerry and learn from him-great! Oh yeah,in case you're wondering where he gets all those ball bearings he uses from,he's a mechanic that fixes boat engines-has a lot of old ball bearings laying around and when he doesn't,round creek rocks will do. Remember ,this is short range stuff and a lot of fun too. If you live in a quiet area, I would give this a try to really hone your skills! Flatband

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
I do this wile at work walking around the yard its pretty big I shoot rocks at work got one spot on the rail thats full of round smouth rock almost alwase have a slingshot in my pocket and shoot at almost anything even from the top of the silos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts