Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ray Rowden
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this youngster asked me a question about one of my slingshot vids on YouTube.

I went to his channel out of curiosity and found this.

He (or maybe his parents) have the comments section turned off or I would have offered him some encouragement. He seems like a great kid. So I was thinking (always dangerous), maybe we could get him some views and likes from forum members.

Check it out!

And thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

That is exactly how a slinger should start and stay...enthusiasticly!
I bet his parents turned of the comments which may be the best kind of encouragement...very hard for a dad to punch a troll through a keyboard...and for security purposes I did the same thing when my kids were his age.

I sure do wish we could say something positive to him all the same.

It is only a matter of time before he finds us here. One tip I would give him is as fun as hatchets are (he a decent collection of bladea already!) a saw is better for this hobby.

We could have have sent tools if we could talk to his parents!

I have been a dad, a teacher, a sensei, and scout leader...and nothing is more uplifting than sharing knowledge and tools with a young enthusiast.

·
aka CYBORG
1,990 Posts
I'm with W.C. Fields on this - sorry, I didn't like it.

He starts off using a hatchet thoughtlessly in his lap, then shoots without eye protection. At the end, he says if he gets enough ego strokes, he'll enlighten viewers on how to shoot.

We see this often - an individual (any age) who really doesn't know much but is determined to instruct others - a case of 'do you have something to say or do you have to say something'.

Looking for something positive - he's almost OK with a video camera. At his age I was building go-karts from scratch, but I didn't grow up in an attention driven 'Look at Me' era.

Harsh I know, but this kid needs some tough love and mentoring on his way to becoming a You Tube star.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I'm with W.C. Fields on this - sorry, I didn't like it.

He starts off using a hatchet thoughtlessly in his lap, then shoots without eye protection. At the end, he says if he gets enough ego strokes, he'll enlighten viewers on how to shoot.

We see this often - an individual (any age) who really doesn't know much but is determined to instruct others - a case of 'do you have something to say or do you have to say something'.

Looking for something positive - he's almost OK with a video camera. At his age I was building go-karts from scratch, but I didn't grow up in an attention driven 'Look at Me' era.

Harsh I know, but this kid needs some tough love and mentoring on his way to becoming a You Tube star.
Pain is the best teacher of them all but aside from a little miss use if tools the kid is pretty good and he is out side doing stuff not inside playing video games.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
So, this youngster asked me a question about one of my slingshot vids on YouTube.

He (or maybe his parents) have the comments section turned off or I would have offered him some encouragement. He seems like a great kid. So I was thinking (always dangerous), maybe we could get him some views and likes from forum members.

Check it out!

And thanks!
Done and liked! Hope the little tiger finds this forum.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,686 Posts
Liked and subscribed, and kind of agree with Alfred E.M. on some points...........he needs some better awareness of how he's using

his tools, and how the tool should be used, some basic safety instruction will go a long way, but cool video nonetheless, and at least

he's not inside watching TV or zoned out on an Xbox.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,686 Posts

Check it out!
And thanks!
Found one of the little guys blowgun videos with open comments, so left an invite to the SSF for him there, so hopefully he'll show up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts