Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've received my first slingshot since i was a teen, I'm 29 now and serious about learning how to become accurate enough to hunt if necessary. I am now the proud owner of an Easimgo Professional Outdoor Slingshot set and I've learned that i can shoot with both hands well enough within ten feet or so. And that's only after about 15 shots, a dozen of which hit my target which was an empty cigarette pack. I'm still new but I'll be working on my shots until the weather warms up and then I'll be working on hunting distance. If anybody has any experience with this slingshot, tips would be greatly appreciated. As I'm currently shooting inside, I'm using the clay balls instead of the steel bearings, figured it would be much safer in the basement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Va.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
Thank ya much for the welcome. After seeing some of the setups that folks are shooting, i feel a bit out of place not using a more traditional setup. Not exactly like I had a choice as it was a gift, but i enjoy it no less. Even if it is a TTF and not a OTT. But hey, I'm already getting good results with it so maybe it's a good thing. We'll see in the long run.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries find what you like and shoot the crap out of it. Feel free to ask questions someone will know the answers or at least provide suggestions. Me personally I spend very little $$, mostly on things I can't make myself at home
Agreed, it's been difficult drawing back the bands so far, but mostly because the ammo I'm using is 3/8" clay balls and I've never really worked on my pinching strength so to speak. But no way it's gonna stop me, all the more reason to practice more. But i do have a small bag of old cats eye glass marbles laying around. I'm a survivalist and bushcrafter so I wanted a good slingshot to start off with while i practice carving one. At least until then i can practice my aim and form.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
No worries find what you like and shoot the crap out of it. Feel free to ask questions someone will know the answers or at least provide suggestions. Me personally I spend very little $$, mostly on things I can't make myself at home
Agreed, it's been difficult drawing back the bands so far, but mostly because the ammo I'm using is 3/8" clay balls and I've never really worked on my pinching strength so to speak. But no way it's gonna stop me, all the more reason to practice more. But i do have a small bag of old cats eye glass marbles laying around. I'm a survivalist and bushcrafter so I wanted a good slingshot to start off with while i practice carving one. At least until then i can practice my aim and form.

aim and form but most importantly your release

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
aim and form but most importantly your release

·
Registered
850 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people and no one is going to pass judgement based on the type of slingshot you are shooting. After all, it is the shooter, and not the slingshot.

If I located the right model, it has 3 rubber tubes per fork. which is why it is difficult to pull back. You do not need that much rubber, especially for clay ammo. There is probably a way of rigging it with a single tube or better yet, flat bands.

Lots of folks here shoot TFF. I have several wrist-braced slingshots and there are a number of advantages to that frame style.

·
Super Moderator
2,475 Posts
Your bands are geared more for larger ammo, 7/16 steel and up. If you're into modifying it some, take the center band out and see if you like that amount of pull better. Even then, it's more than needed for 3/8 clay, but 3/8 clay is one of my favorite types of ammo also. Thats a nice slingshot and can be used with a number of different set ups from 1 to 3 tubes with different pouches as well. Experiment with it and find the set up that fits your style
:) Welcome :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people and no one is going to pass judgement based on the type of slingshot you are shooting. After all, it is the shooter, and not the slingshot.

If I located the right model, it has 3 rubber tubes per fork. which is why it is difficult to pull back. You do not need that much rubber, especially for clay ammo. There is probably a way of rigging it with a single tube or better yet, flat bands.

Lots of folks here shoot TFF. I have several wrist-braced slingshots and there are a number of advantages to that frame style.
Yep, that would be the one. It came with two extra sets of bands and i was considering removing the center band from one of them but haven't yet. I do like the fact that it has so much power as it is intended to be a hunting slingshot and as hunting goes, better to have more power than needed than not enough. The only reason I'm using the clay ammo right now is for target practice indoors and because the less steel ammo i lose the more i have for hunting. With the way my slingshot is designed, there are a quite a few band setups i could use and i plan to get a fishing dart setup as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your bands are geared more for larger ammo, 7/16 steel and up. If you're into modifying it some, take the center band out and see if you like that amount of pull better. Even then, it's more than needed for 3/8 clay, but 3/8 clay is one of my favorite types of ammo also. Thats a nice slingshot and can be used with a number of different set ups from 1 to 3 tubes with different pouches as well. Experiment with it and find the set up that fits your style
:) Welcome :)
Yeah, I've thought about using larger ammo as 3/8" is a bit difficult to pinch for me. I do have some old cats eye glass marbles from my childhood I've thought about using, but I'll be waiting for warmer weather to use those outside. I don't plan to do any modifying just yet, i wanna learn to use it as it is first and be proficient with it. Though i have consider removing the center tube from one of the band sets to lighten the pull for inside shooting, just haven't decided if i want to do that yet or not. Being a survivalist, this slingshot is intended for survival hunting if necessary alongside trapping and fishing. If nothing else, it's lighter and easier to pack than my air rifle and quieter. But i think come warmer weather I'll ve practicing more woth longer distance than just ten feet so I'll probably be removing the center tube from a band set then just to make more shots with less fatigue.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,528 Posts
Welcome from Georgia, hope folks don't get us mixed up as you chose the (almost) exact Avatar name as I have, LOL. .......you may or may not want a forum name that close to mine, but me personally, it doesn't bother me.

I've been on both forums a few years now, and have a very unique makers mark on my slings, so maybe they won't.

Lots of great folks here, so glad to have you.

Darrell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.