Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, everyone! I am definitely a newbie to the art of using a slingshot. I just ordered an Axiom Ocularis and am looking forward to trying it out once it arrives. My job keeps me at a desk most of the day (network administrator), so I am looking for something relatively inexpensive and fun to do outdoors.

As a kid I had a blast playing with slingshots, usually picked up for 50 cents from the local dime store. I saw some videos of Nathan Masters at the 2017 East Coast Championship, followed up with some of the fantastic trick shooting videos available, and found myself hooked. While I may never get that good, it will be a blast practicing.

Richard Johnson

·
Premium Member
9,583 Posts
This is cool, I have a friend named Richard "Butch" Johnson. Welcome to the forum Richard!! ENJOY!!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,686 Posts
Welcome Richard, glad to have you.........starting out with that much enthusiasm, pretty soon, you will want to make one of your own. :)

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! When you are not shooting, I will see you here! When you are at work, I will see you here! When you wake up, I will see you here! Before you go to bed, I will see you here! While you are taking a dump, I will see you here! While you are eating, I will see you here! Lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome !!! Recently joined myself and loving it. Great guys & tons of great information. I have actively handled most weapons of every type around...primitive to modern. But standing on my own property shooting my sling ( with an eye on my mastiffs ) truly gives me peace. Lol...addiction is right...I find myself reading this forum constantly. Again..welcome...you will enjoy !

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,563 Posts
Hello, everyone! I am definitely a newbie to the art of using a slingshot. I just ordered an Axiom Ocularis and am looking forward to trying it out once it arrives. My job keeps me at a desk most of the day (network administrator), so I am looking for something relatively inexpensive and fun to do outdoors.

As a kid I had a blast playing with slingshots, usually picked up for 50 cents from the local dime store. I saw some videos of Nathan Masters at the 2017 East Coast Championship, followed up with some of the fantastic trick shooting videos available, and found myself hooked. While I may never get that good, it will be a blast practicing.

Richard Johnson
Richie, Richie, Richie - right off the bat you became familiar with probably the best-loved member of our forum, Nathan Masters. You will find many of his posts and those of other really terrific guys/shooters who will graciously answer your questions - and maybe have some fun with you if you've arrived with your funny bone intact.

I'm not an accountant, but it seems to me that you bought 5 slingshots at a time from the dime store. Already you have a "collection"!

Welcome!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Welcome!

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

Reactions: Tag
1 - 20 of 20 Posts