Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a new shooter. I'm definitely into it !!

Had I only known.

My emoticon;
D:=
Beeker (from the Muppet Show).

Take care all.

Bruno

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Welcome Bruno.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bruno is a nickname, been using it so long, I rarely go by my given name. When I was a younger man I was built like Popeye's chief nemesis, Brutus (Bluto also, both names were used in the cartoon). I'm barrel chested and have a long body and short legs for my height, 6' 1" and my inseam is 31 inches. I have to cuff 32 inseam pants, but I have to buy shirts for guys that are 6' 7" or they're too short. In college there was confusion over whether it was Brutus or Bluto and somehow I became Bruno. Anyway my biological father was adopted at birth, so I could be any lineage, though there is no Italian in my lineage from mom's side, if you saw me you'd guess I was Italian or Greek.
Too much coffee, enough of me, if you saw me you'd understand why I'm a Bruno. I do love me some pasta !!! D:=

Good morning all !

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Hey Bruno, you don't have a pizza parlor do you? Years ago I used to get the best pizza at Bruno's in Danville Illinois that I have ever had. Welcome to the forum. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Nope Tex-Shooter, never owned a pie joint. Been in St. Louis most of my life, except for college and recently lived around Philly, PA for 1 1/2 years but came back a year ago. Worked in a place here for a 10 years and we had great pizza but it was Kicker's Corner, the owners were soccer lovers.
Thanks again for all the warm greetings everyone.
I just got into slingshots, on a whim. Like I've seen many new folks say, they wish they had found this sight before they got a slingshot. I got a Trumark FS-1. I actually like it and It's comfortable for me to shoot. $10. I am having blast with it, but I'm sure at some point I'm gonna wanna step up, so to speak. I'm looking at a lot of different customs/homemades and some look like they would work for me, but I'm in no hurry.
I actually am going to make an effort to go to the Summer Nationals in late June in Waverly, Illinois. It's less than two hours from St. Louis. I'm new but I'm sure it will be great fun and a good chance to see other slingshots up close. I have big hands it will be nice to hold a few different models.

Cheers
Bruno

1 - 15 of 15 Posts