Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salutations everyone!

I'm taking my first steps into the slingshot hobby and thought this forum might be a good resource. I live in a very rural town of 200 people and am twenty miles from the nearest grocery store. I've always enjoyed the prospect of learning archery or target shooting, but found it to be a bit out of my price range. In addition, my love of fantasy literature and especially the Lord of the Rings, eventually lead me to consider taking up the slingshot. I'm already a very "hobbity" guy. I'm a 42 year old guy whose wife is a bee keeper. I love to cook, have a round belly, massive feet, and smoke a tobacco pipe. So learning to shoot a slingshot seems like a natural progression. :D

Anyway, after some research I picked up a Scout XT, a training band, some rubber training ammo, and some clay training ammo. I figure I'll set up a catch box in my yard and start practicing at my leisure. I'll be nice to have a relaxing outdoor activity I can do on my property.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,407 Posts
Welcome from Georgia friend, you've found a great hobby ( especially if you plan to become a builder) as it is fun, cheap, and a great way to pass some time. ....plus, the guys and gals on here are some the most amazing folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Welcome... You came to the right place! The Bilbos would be proud of you. These guys are wizerds at figuring out your questions. Don't be afraid to ask. The only dumb question is one not asked. Make a friend of U-Tube also. Good stuff there.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Welcome! It won't be long before you're popping those flying bees at 20 yards!! :target:

Just kidding, I was sure that I was going to raise bees years ago, but after reading a few books I soon realized there's a lot of work involved and that Northern Michigan is probably not the ideal spot to have an apiary.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome! It won't be long before you're popping those flying bees at 20 yards!! :target:
Oh no, no, no. A few years after we got the hives I (of course) developed an allergy. Truth be told, the bees are pretty docile and if you know how to read the warning signs they do not attack without pretty thorough provocation. Still, that's my wife and her family's area. Anything that outnumbers me 10,000 to 1, requires a hazmat suit to approach, and you have to douse in smoke is something I avoid... ;-)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Haha welcome aboard from Philadelphia , sounds like you’ll fit right in around here! The Scout XT is an awesome frame and is pretty much unanimously considered the best starter sling out there, so yeah awesome choice! Haha in fact I’d bet about 90% of the folks on here have one, or many more. I’m up to about 70 slings now (scoff now but you’ll get there) and always come back to the scout from time to time. Get that catchbox built!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts